You may have read in the local press recently about a demonstration outside Norwich Rail Station organised by NOR4NOR – Norfolk for Nationalisation of Rail.
The campaign aims to promote and lobby for the reintroduction of nationalising the rail services. More information can be found on the website Bring Back British Rail.
The Trade Unions Council are supporting and speaking at their public meeting to be held on Thursday 12 January 2017 from 7pm to 9pm at Chapel Field Road Methodist Church, Norwich (NR2 1SD). The meeting will consider a railway system for the 21st Century with public ownership; including speakers
- Caroline Lucas (MP Brighton Pavillion)
- Clive Lewis (MP Norwich South)
- Steve Hedley (Assistant General Secretary)
- Sarah Lark (Chair Norwich and District Trade Union Council)
- Olive Lewis (Bring Back British Rail)
Parking is restricted at the Church but arrangements have been made for pre-paid parking in Brignold School car park next door from 6pm to 9pm.